Post Mix Concrete
Easy Mix Post Mix Concrete is a premixed product containing accurately weighed Portland cement, specially graded aggregates and quality admixtures. It is specifically designed for simple, non-structural concrete work where the surface finish is not important.
It is recommended for fence posts, clothes lines, garden lights, letterbox posts, swings and all other applications where embedding a post or object is required.
Please note: Easy Mix Post Mix Concrete is not suitable for slabs or jobs that require a smooth surface finish.
Post hole size (rule of thumb)
Width = 2x width or diameter of the post
(100mm x 100mm post requires a 200mm x 200mm hole)
Depth = 1/3 of the length of the post
(2m post length requires hole depth of 600mm.)
Note: Some structures may need formal approval – see local council for details.
- Set out and dig post holes using the ‘Rule of Thumb’ as outlined above. Insert the post and centre it.
- Pour half the bag of Easy Mix Post Mix Concrete into the hole and tamp in tight around post.
- Repeat for each post, aligning with string line and checking height levels.
- Pour in the remainder of the Post Mix when all posts have been set to the correct spacing and height.
- Pour a small quantity of water (approximately 1.5 litres per 20kg bag, or 2.1 litres per 30kg bag) on the Post Mix Concrete around each post. Together with natural ground moisture, this will be enough to set the mix.
- Set out and dig posts using the ‘Rule of Thumb’ as outlined above.
- Brace posts so that they remain in the desired position.
- On a mixing board or in a wheelbarrow, add water slowly (approximately 1.5 litres per 20kg bag, or 2.1 litres per 30kg bag) to the contents of the bag. Note: the drier the mix the better.
- Tamp the mix with a shovel or spade and finish at the desired height.
- Repeat for each post and clean up.
Although Post Mix Concrete sets hard within a few hours, it should be kept moist and not subject to any stress for at least 7 days.
Note: Easy Mix Post Mix Concrete will take up to 28 days to achieve full strength.
Easy Mix Post Mix Concrete will keep for up to six months if kept in a dry environment, off the ground and providing the bags remain sealed. High temperature and high humidity conditions may reduce the storage life of the product.
Easy Mix Post Mix Concrete contains cement powders which can be harmful to the skin. During use, avoid inhalation of dust and contact with the skin and eyes. Wear suitable clothing, gloves, eye protection and respiratory protective equipment.
If contact with the skin occurs, thoroughly clean the area with plenty of fresh water and soap. In case of contact with the eyes rinse with plenty of fresh water and seek medical advice. If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Download the Safety Data Sheet and read the product label carefully before use.
- Fence posts
- Letter boxes
- Clothes lines
- Garden Lights
Each 20kg bag contains approximately 10 litres of Post Mix Concrete.
- 1x 20kg Bag = 0.01m3
- 100x 20kg Bags = 1.0m3
- 1x 30kg Bag = 0.0151m3
- 66x 30kg Bags = 1.0m3
Note: Use approximately two 20kg bags of Post Mix Concrete per post hole.
Easy Mix Post Mix Concrete is available in:
- 20kg bags
- 30kg bags