Traditional Floor Screed Mix
Easy Mix Traditional Floor Screed mix is a factory formulated combination of double washed and graded coarse sands with cement. Traditional Floor Screed provides a free flowing screed mix that is resistant to shrinkage while curing, is conveniently packaged for transportation into job sites and is both cost and time effective. Convenient to transport in multi story projects, our prepackaged screed mix makes the job easier.
- All substrates must be completely solid, dry, structurally sound, free from loose particles, paint, grease, oil, wax, dust and any other contaminants.
- Fibre cement sheet substrates must be fixed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and the relevant Australian Standards.
- Highly absorbent substrates should be primed with a suitable latex bonding agent.
- All masonry and cementitious substrates must be primed at the rate of 2 parts water: 1 part latex bonding agent, prior to installation of Easy Mix Traditional Floor Screed.
It is essential that movement joints are carried through the tile and adhesive, and that the screed is kept free from dust, adhesive and other contaminants.
Refer to AS3958.1 – 2007 for guidance on the design and construction of movement joints.
- Into a clean bucket, add 1 litre of clean water and 1 litre of latex bonding agent, per 20kg of Screed. Add Easy Mix Traditional Floor Screed.
- Mix contents together using a high speed drill mixer on low speed – until the screed is smooth and homogenous.
- Place the mixed product, screed to the desired thickness and plane using an appropriate straight-edge.
- Apply the desired surface finish using a wooden or polyurethane float.
- Discard any material that has exceeded the pot life or working time of the product.
Tiles may be installed immediately using the ‘Web-Bed Method’ or with an appropriate tile adhesive once the screed has fully cured, (usually after 7 days).
Traditional Floor Screed will keep for up to six months if kept in a dry environment, off the ground and providing the bags remain sealed. High temperature and high humidity conditions may reduce the storage life of the product.
Easy Mix Traditional Floor Screed contains cement powders which can be harmful to the skin. During use, avoid inhalation of dust and contact with the skin and eyes. Wear suitable clothing, gloves, eye protection and respiratory protective equipment.
If contact with the skin occurs, thoroughly clean the area with plenty of fresh water and soap. In case of contact with the eyes rinse with plenty of fresh water and seek medical advice. If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Download the Safety Data Sheet and read the product label carefully before use.
Available at Bunnings throughout Queensland.