Traditional Tile Screed provides an excellent solution for anyone preparing the sub-base for their bathroom or laundry floor in readiness for tiling. The screed provides a 25-40mm base that is trowelled to create a fall line for water to be channeled to the drain.
Why Traditional Under Tile Screed is an ideal solution
Easy Mix Traditional Under Tile Screed is a ready to use mixture that is easy to use on site.
At Easy Mix, our screed provides excellent performance due to our extensive experience in producing and processing Australian sands as the base for our mixtures.
Sands are chosen for their specific grain size. The sands undergo further processing in an up-flow sand classification and then kiln-dried and mixed.
Our Traditional Floor Screed results in a smooth mixture due to the sand sizing process. This option has both the durable qualities of construction cement with a more visually appealing finish, as well as easier application as a foundation in DIY and waterproof projects.
How to apply Traditional Under Tile Screed
Preparing flooring wet areas is challenging, but the Easy Mix Floor Screed is ready made for mixing with water and then applied, following the steps below to complete your project.
- Waterproof your floor (but only if it’s a wet area).
- Mix the water and screed in a large, clean bucket.
- Apply the mixture to the floor and use a spirit level in order to ensure equal thickness and distribution of the product. (40mm)
- Smooth and sculpture the screed with a trowel or float to create a fall to the drain.
- Wait at least a week (ideally 28 days) for the screed to cure prior to starting tiling.
Get your project started today
You will be able to find our floor screed products for purchase in Bunnings and local hardware stores across Queensland as well as Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore.